Monday, October 27, 2008

My 23rd Birthday

How time flies... I'm 23 already!! Last thing I remembered, I was 18 and I think 23 y/o ppl are quite old already.. haha..

I celebrated my birthday with my gf a day day earlier cause the day after my birthday, I'll be having CAs and plenty of projects, reports and assignments due the following week. It's gonna be a hectic week.

So, the night before we celebrate, my gf was super stressed out cause she already found the places to eat but don't know how to get there! haha.. She's not very familiar with Singapore and normally relies on me with directions and she wanted to 'surprise' me.. hahah.. but in the end, she consulted me on timing wise and how to go to one location from another.. lol..

We started off with lunch at Swensen's at Marina Square. Initially, she wanted to bring me to the sandwich place where Elaynne was talking about in her blog but because we were there to purchase HSM3's movie tickets, it was quite redundant to walk all the way back to Raffles City and then back again to Marina Square. So... she treated me for lunch where I ordered Almond Lamb Chop and she had Macaroni and Cheese. We also had Apple Crumble for dessert! Yum!

Apple Crumble (by P3rSeUs)

After lunch, we watched High School Musical 3 where I bumped into Jacqueline's family. haha.. her lil' bro is soo cute.. ANyway, the show was alright.. Very delightable show suitable for families.. If you like the first two prequels, then I think you'll like this one as well.

SO.. after movie, we headed towards Tanjung Pagar where she took me to this place called the "Tea Chapter". It's a place where you get to enjoy chinese tea in real authentic Chinese Style!

Tea Chapter (by P3rSeUs)

Tea Chapter (by P3rSeUs)

It's where you sit down on wooden floors with low tables and you can even brew your own tea. The staff will first demonstrate to you proper way of tea-brewing and how to drink it. It's quite similar to wine tasting.. I enjoyed being in that place...

Tea Chapter (by P3rSeUs)

I always wanted to do such a thing; those Japanese Tea House kind.. Now I understand why people can just spend hours just to drink tea.. We played the board games that were offered there; battleship, snap.. haha.. There's also Chinese Chess, Weiqi - that'll be more Chinese style but don't know why didn't play that.

After spending 2 hours in there, we had to leave cause otherwise, we'll be late for dinner. Problem with dinner plans is that, she has no idea where the place is. The restaurant is called "Spizza" along Smith Street and the only clue she has is that, it's somewhere in Chinatown and near Chinatown Point.

So, we explored and walked in circles within Chinatown.. Smith Street was nowhere to be found. Just when we were giving up, she told me that the vicinity has lots of fine cuisine and at that spark of time, I recalled that I've been there before where my sister and her bf took me there for my birthday when I was 1st year. We had Mediterenean Cuisine at that time but I could not recall where that place was.

After venturing around again, aha! I saw a familiar place from a long time ago.. Eventually, we found that place after walking for about 2 hours in Chinatown... hahah
There it is - Spizza! For all her effort, I treated her for dinner where we shared a nice whole original Italian pizza. It was something out of the norm and worth trying out! It's crust is simply crispy and the filling are something different from what we get elsewhere.

Katerina (by P3rSeUs)

We headed back to NTU after that. Just when I thought it was over, she had another surprise for me! She gathered friends from my batch together to celebrate my birthday with me. She tried very hard not to let me know from her constant flow of SMSes. haha...

And her gift to me - a "Magic Box". It contains endless supply of food and snacks. It'll "magically" replenish itself when it's about to go empty. haha.

DSC00768 (by P3rSeUs)

DSC00769 (by P3rSeUs)

Dear, thanks a lot for planning such a wonderful celebration for me. =)

Also, to all my friends who wished me at facebook, phone calls and smses.
Thanks..!

1 comment:

Weng Weng said...

Haha so sweet....glad you had a wonderful birthday ....must be one of the best ever eh....;)

Many more to come with your special someone...

Cheers Gab