Friday, February 01, 2008

Unexpected Turn of Events

Last night was really one of the nights that was truly unpredictable. What I have expected from last night was totally not what actually happened.

The story goes like this.
Jit-Vern invited me to go for his Eusoff hall production, "Love Is In The Heir". Intially, I didn't want to go as it was a Thursday Night and I still have work on Friday. But finally, I told him that I'll be coming with the 'criteria' that I can stay over at his place.

So, I didn't really know what was going on.
For that evening,
1) I've no idea who/where I'll be eating with/at (supposed to meet up with kuan chien, i think)
2) I've no idea who I'll be sitting with
3) I've no idea where I'm going to stay. If it's with jit-vern, it's really gonna trouble him cause he will surely have to entertain the casts since he's the hall president.
4) I'm expecting to be late for work the next day and still have not enough sleep.

However, thanks to God's grace... I found out there was another friend from NTU who will be going to watch the hall production too; just the night before, minutes before I'm going to sleep!
It was non other than Elaine Lee.

Reason she was going is because her cousin will be dancing and she'll be watching with her aunt and uncle. So, I thought... Well, not too bad... Now, I have someone to have dinner with. So, we met up at Clementi together with Jun Lin and Kuan Chien (my ticket is with JL), and have dinner at The Sumo House.

We reached UCC at 7.40pm and we thought that we're late. However, the show was just about to start as the Guest of Honours arrived late as well. To Elaine's surprise, the tickets that her aunt and uncle is supposed to collect is still at the ticketing counter! So, she had to wait for his uncle to come before going in. I accompanied her and waited there until almost 8pm when we decided to just wait inside since it's already showing scene 2.

Here's the funny part about her ticket. Under her cousin's name, there are 5 tickets; 3 tickets are $25 and 2 tickets are $15. The 2 $15 ticket has been taken and left with the 3 $25 ticket in her hands. And since her seat is right at the centre of the first few rows, we had to wait for intermission for her to seat at her designated place. Otherwise, she'll be blocking everybody's view. Hence, we seated somewhere behind where the seats are vacant.

During intermission, I met up with Ian for a while together with his girlfriend. Not long after, I went back in and decided to sit with her at the first few rows since it's vacant anyway and her aunt and uncle is still no where to be found.
Minutes before the show resumed, her aunt finally called and there were inside all along!! They mistook the 2 $15 tickets and were seated behind....
So, there I was, with Elaine.. at the front seats, right in front of the Guest of Honours.... I had a great view as I can see everyone's face and their expressions.

The hall production? It was marvelous. Delightfully splendid! The acting was good, the dances were good, and the singing was good too! The storyline is quite typicaly but the way they bring it out is very creative.. I think I'd like to applaud the director for that. The songs were quite good too with the exception that certain songs are modified songs. Overall, I guess I would give this production a 9 out of 10.

Oh, back to the story.. After the play, I was supposed to stay over with jit-vern in eusoff hall but elaine's uncle and auntie are sending her back to her hall... Obviously, I followed them back. The play ended at about 1030pm and I managed to reach hall at early 11 plus.

So, in summary, the actual outcome was

1) I've no idea who/where I'll be eating with/at (supposed to meet up with kuan chien, i think)
I ate with Elaine, Kuan Chien and Jun Lin in Sumo House.

2) I've no idea who I'll be sitting with
I sat with Elaine in the $25 seats (front middle row) when I'm supposed to sit at the last row of seats.

3) I've no idea where I'm going to stay. If it's with jit-vern, it's really gonna trouble him cause he will surely have to entertain the casts since he's the hall president.
I had a car ride back to NTU thanks to Elaine's Uncle and Aunt

4) I'm expecting to be late for work the next day and still have not enough sleep.
I'm not late for work and I had plenty of sleep

No comments: