Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My first 2-0-0-8 angpau

I’m beginning to enjoy my attachment in Agilent Technologies. The usual own PC, sports facilities, coffee machines, yada yada.... My supervisor is a very nice person in the sense that, he doesn’t give us work pressure (we have to request work from him actually) for we’re actually very efficient when given work to do. And we took 3 DAYS to write our 2-week logbook entry!! Anyway, back to the main topic.

I received this email today.


Topic:

Distribution of CNY Goodies/Oranges by SMT Team between 2.30-3.00pm +/-


Message:

Hi All,

Just as a note...., the SMT team will be coming over to our areas around 2.30-3.00pm (estimated) to distribute the annual regular CNY oranges/ang pow to all staff, hence would appreciate if u can make it a point to be available at your station during this time if possible.

LOL. How nice of them. Anyway, at about 2.53pm.. a whole bunch of people with trolleys loaded with red/orange paper bags came into the office. A man then came up to me holding one of those orange bags with 9 koi fishes with the words “Gong Xi Fa Cai” outside the package.




What’s inside?

2 mandarin oranges + 1 red angpau with a $2 note inside.


Yay!! My very first ang pau in SGD. Of all the places to be getting them.

No comments: