Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Sourcing for Industrial Attachment

(Industrial Attachment) IA is just basically internship for the engineering course in NTU. It lasts for 22 weeks and has pay ranges from SGD$500 to SGD$1600 with an average of $800

We're supposed to source out companies via our university where they provide us a list of companies that are interested in us, and we pick and choose which companies we would want to work in. There are interviewing companies and non-interviewing companies. However, you can only choose one interviewing company and the rest will be non-interviewing ones

As for me, my choice of company is Agilent Technologies. It wasn't really my first choice as my initial choice was Motorola but somehow, somewhere... over the last minute, i've changed it to Agilent Technologies and it was to my personal satisfaction; I think it is good.

Hence, I went for my first interview on 2nd Oct. It was an informal kind of interview where the members of the project came to interview me. It was as if, they didn't really know what to do with me. So, I thought, IA interviews are more relaxed and less stressful.

However, over the next few days, they contacted me again to go for a 2nd interview on the following Monday! This time, I'll be interviewed by the manager of the project.. By the way, did I mention that the company is in Yishun? It's about 75minutes traveling time. Anyhow, was kind of nervous for the 2nd interview. It turns out, it wasn't that bad at all! I got to understand the jobscope better! After the interview, I decided to skip my classes and went to look for siah for lunch over at her office. Didn't want to purposely come out to town just for the interview!

Then on Thursday, they called me up again. This time, they told me that I got the internship! Asked me whether I have 2nd thoughts to work in their company anot. haha...
Oh well, in short.... it was good news. Managed to get my internship and will be starting work beginning of January!

--------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

√Éngelu§ said...

Good luck with your attachment!! Hope you enjoy ur time there...