Saturday, July 09, 2005

End of First FOC

One FOC down, 2 more to go... the CSA (Catholic Students' Apostolate) FOC is well worth going.. I've made new friends, learn new things, and get exposed more of this country tht i'm going to live in for 7 yrs..

At first, i've always thought singaporeans were snobbish, selfish and arrogant.. well, this group of ppl tht i've met turned out otherwise... they were so easy to mix with, probably cause they're all of the same catholic faith.. haha.. We walked through campus and stayed in a chalet at changi..

Oh, at first, i was quite worried bout yesterday (friday, the day of our hostel results).. afraid i couldn't get my room keys.. if i dun get them, i won't have a place to stay on the 9th and 10th night.. but fortunately for the good samaritans, a guy called Eugene Yam.. well, he drove a van in changi and took me all the way back to ntu to get my hall keys.. (btw, changi and ntu are 2 opposite ends).. i reached ntu near 11.. only to find tht the hall results are only out after 12noon.. and these ppl are kind enough to wait for me until i'm done and fetch me back to changi to proceed with the camp.. haha .. good eh?
When the results were out at 12noon, i was already at their office at about 12:05.. i've got the same hall as my sis.. hall 13.. goodie.. *smiles happily*.. went to the finance office to pay the $300 deposit only then i collect my room keys.. then, i've to shift my stuffs from my sis's fren's room to my own room.. All of these things are being done in an hour's time.. of course, with the help of the CSA seniors...

But after the camp, it's back to solitude for me.. my sis going to indonesia for a week, and the rest of the msian ppl arriving on monday morning... but my roomie, bj, will arrive a week early.. hv to pick him up from the bus stop early in the morning later... then he's gonna spend the night with his father in NUS.. (paid for the guest room)..

oh well, guess i shall try sleeping again... the room here is so warm.. sigh.. hv to sleep topless... lol..2 more orientation camps to go, the MSA on monday and hall camps the following week

--------------------------------------------------

No comments: